BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, May 30, 2010

ZOOOO

Today, we went to the Hogle Zoo in Salt Lake. It's kind of unfair for most zoos I go to across the country because I always compare them to the Columbus Zoo, which apparently is one of (if not the) best zoos in the country. The Hogle Zoo is much smaller than Columbus. We saw everything after almost an hour and a half. It is landlocked by mountains though. Again, advantage Ohio for being in the Great Plains in the middle of nowhere.

This is weird, but I think my favorite discovery was the black swan. It's so exotic and I'd never seen one before. They are swans with attitude. I like it. This zoo alo had the most random animals. There were a bunch of different kinds of wild cats that could honestly pass as house pets. Of course, they were adorable, but I don't think that I would necessarily have chosen them if I had my own zoo.



The giraffes impressed me the most. The viewing area was on a hill so that you could be at eye level with them (16 ft tall). One came so close to the edge and started licking a pole with its ginormous black tongue. Apparently, their tongues can be 18 inches long. Gross. Anyway, my mom told me that I would be a giraffe if I were an animal. I guess it's pretty accurate. I told her she would be an orangutan....ALSO accurate.



In other news, Crime and Punishment is getting really good. I am actually excited to see what happens next! I guess that's because he just murdered two people. And that's not giving anything away really because it's the basis for the entire plot.

0 comments: