BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Top 20 Disney Characters

When randomly searching the internet the other day, I came across this guy's top 20 favorite Disney characters. Inspired, I decided to make one of my own. Obviously, it's all subjective. Here is the link for his list if you're interested: http://lordwhatsmymotivation.wordpress.com/2008/10/31/top-20-coolest-disney-characters-of-all-time/

20. Rolly - 101 Dalmatians
"I'm hungry! I'm hungry mother!"



Every time I hear Rolly say he's hungry, I laugh. It's adorable. Also, Perdita, your puppy is hungry. Get on that.

19. Wiggins - Pocahontas
"I....I....I made it myself!"



Closeted gay assistant. Win.

18. Thomas O'Malley - The Aristocats
"I'm Abraham deLacy Giuseppe Casey Thomas O'Malley"



This is one charismatic cat. You gotta respect a guy that goes for a single mom. Plus, he's jazzy and street smart...and friends with an Asian Siamese.

17. Hades - Hercules
"Memo to me: Mame you after my meeting."



First of all, I legitimately wanted fire for hair after seeing Hercules. Hades rocks it. And check out his chin! Anyway, Hades has an amazing sense of humor. Apart from the whole "I want to rule the world" thing, I think we could be friends.

16. Sebastian - The Little Mermaid
"Life under the sea is better than anything they got up there."



Sure, he can be a little preachy. But he's also capable of gathering a full fish symphony in a matter of seconds. Show me one other Jamaican crab capable of doing that.

15. Mushu - Mulan
"If I was my real size, your cow here would die of fright. DOWN BESSIE."



Disney once again utilizes the brilliant Eddie Murphy to make this character hilarious. There's no question he's witty, maybe a little obnoxious, but entertaining.

14. Ursula - The Little Mermaid
"Don't forget the importance of body language!"



Literally half of the reason I like Ursula is her voice. It's so deliciously raspy and evil. And if she accomplishes anything in this movie, it's that she exposes Eric for being shallow enough to pick women based on their voices.

13. Basil of Baker Street - The Great Mouse Detective
"It's elementary, my dear Dawson."



Basil is a mouse Sherlock Holmes. And I don't know about you, but watching a British man solve mysteries is kinda hot. Alright, so he's a mouse. I just consider him Robert Downey Jr. in mouse form

12. Squirt - Finding Nemo
"DUUUDE!"



Squirt is simply the most adorable thing I have ever seen. Period.

11. Mrs. Potts - Beauty and the Beast
"Into the cupboard with you now Chip!"



Mrs. Potts is one of those characters that you want to tuck you into bed at night. She is so heartwarming. Of course, she is voiced by the wonderful Angela Lansbury who makes the Beauty and the Beast song legendary.

10. Timon and Pumba - The Lion King
"What do you want me to do? Dress in drag and do the hula?"



Timon and Pumba provide the much needed comic relief in the Lion King. They also save Simba, so technically, without them, there would be no movie. Also - Nathan Lane. Nathan. Lane.

9. Alice - Alice in Wonderland
"I give myself good advice, but I very seldom follow it."



Alice is often overlooked because this movie isn't quite that popular these days. However, I do think there is something about Alice that deserves props. First of all, she's an adventurer. She was bored with her life and when she finally got somewhere a little more exciting, she pushed on with admirable curiosity. I think it's a good lesson - Make your own adventures!

8. Pocahontas - Duh




Pocahontas is pretty badass. Whatever - I'll date who I want! It's always nice to see strong women who have awesome hair...and can learn English in 2 seconds.

7. Dory - Finding Nemo
"I shall call him Squishy and he shall be mine and he shall be my Squishy."



Finding a quote for Dory was really difficult because there are seriously so many good ones. Ellen DeGeneres brings this amazing character to life to create, in my opinion, the funniest character of every Disney movie. The other aspect of Dory that is so amazing though is her loyalty to her cause. Even though she can't always remember it, she sticks with Marlin every step of the way.

6. Mulan - Again, Obvs



I think Mulan is the only Disney princess who kills people. Nuff said.

5. Jasmine - Aladdin



What I like about Jasmine is her need to be in the real world. She's not satisfied being kept in a castle all day long. No. She jumps over the wall to get to know about real people. AND she could be some snobby princess who needs to marry a prince. She's okay with the fact that Aladdin is a "street rat," which is pretty cool. Plus, she is gorgeous and rocks those hips.

4. Belle - Beauty and the Beast



Belle reps the brunettes! I like that Belle is smart and loves to read. Even though her town is full of idiots, and she's obviously smarter than them, she doesn't flaunt it either. She springs to her dad's rescue, battles wolves, deals with angry Beast, and creates a new, loving Beast who can be loved despite his looks. I'd say those are some pretty awesome accomplishments for one movie.

3. Mufasa - The Lion King
"I'm only brave when I have to be."



I want Mufasa to be President of the United States. It seems like nothing ever went wrong under his control. He is so valiant when he rescues his son (twice) and so precious when he shows Simba his kingdom. ANNNDD he has the best voice known to man. God bless James Earl Jones.

2. Maleficent - Sleeping Beauty
"Now you shall deal with me, oh prince. And all the powers of hell!"



Hands down: best. villain. ever. That laugh. Those angry rants. Wondrous. No villain today could get away with some of the things she said...mainly because no kids today know what the word imbecile means. She turns into a dragon and is a party crasher. Ultimate bad ass.

1. Nala - The Lion King
"Pinned you again."



Yes - Nala is number one on my list. She's not the funniest, or the most prominent Disney character, but she has several qualities that made me pick her as my number one. First of all, she sticks with her intuition. She knows that Simba should be king and she will do anything to make sure that happens. She is loyal to her people (lions?) and goes way out of her way to make sure they eat. She's better than Simba at fighting - score girl power. She is always up for an adventure too. Yeah that's right, I wanna go to the Elephant Graveyard. What's up! AND finally, as evidenced above, she has a pretty awesome attitude.

And there you have it. My top 20 list. I hope you enjoyed it and please post a comment if you think I missed anyone important or if you have any more insight into the order of this list!

1 comments:

Olivia said...

Excellent entry. I may have to make my own.