BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

WTFSupreme Court

If I have this story right, it appears that you now have to declare that you are using your Miranda Rights when you're being arrested. So for example, you have the right to remain silent. Normally, you could just remain silent. But now, you have to say "I AM REMAINING SILENT" or something like that. If I got this wrong, let me know. But as far as I understand this new Supreme Court ruling, I think it's absolutely ridiculous. This Supreme Court is crazy! Remain silent while talking and corporations are people with rights. Ummm...Please.

Random notes: I found 2 things in Salt Lake that I love! One is in the grocery store oddly enough. You know how the vegetables are watered every so often with a little sprinkler? Well before the sprinkler turns on, it plays a recording of a thunderstorm! It's kind of adorable. I don't know why I like that so much. The other thing is in the library. Okay, the actual library SUCKS. The book selection is absolutely minimal and there are literally NO news magazines, only allure and OK and family living and random mags like that. There are more romance novels than any other genre of book. You get the idea: selection is poor. BUT the way you check out books is so cool. There is just a little black pad, and you put your pile of books on it, and the computer suddenly knows what you are checking out! I had my books stacked on it and it got all of them without the books even touching it! It was so cool. No scanning, no nothing. LIKE MAGIC.

0 comments: