BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, June 20, 2010

A Worthy Victory

Today Brazil showed all the other teams at the World Cup what it's about. It was nice to see a team with expectations live up to them. Not many teams have been doing that (cough England, Spain, France, Italy cough). I was so happy for Luis Fabiano! He finally gained some scoring confidence back and led us to victory! Elano has been playing really well too. Thankfully, he's in good health after that terrible attempt at a steal by the Ivory Coast.

However, the whole Kaka situation is quite troublesome. I don't think that his absence will trouble Brazil too much in the Portugal game, but I was disappointed with the way he acted on the field today. He is usually a very composed player, so the first yellow card from fighting came as a huge surprise. He didn't deserve the second yellow card, but he set himself up with the first one. Ps, has anyone ever seen WORSE acting than Ivory Coast? Kaka barely touched him in the stomach and he fell over clutching his face. What an idiot.

ANYWAYS. I am finally learning more about my Brazil trip! I will spend the first week with my aunt in Sao Paulo, then a week in Rio, then back to Sao Paulo to stay with my grandma. It should be a lot of fun. My dad and I travel down together but will split up initially. He'll be in Belo Horizonte for the first week.

Speaking of him, a universal happy father's day to you all. We celebrated with lots of food and, of course, the game. I hope everyone is well. Hope to hear from you all soon.

0 comments: