BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, June 12, 2010

World Cup Day 1

I am officially starting the World Cup portion of this blog, which will consist mainly of two topics: Player of the Day and Good Looking Discovery of the Day. Don't lie, it's half the reason you like soccer too.

Congratulations to South Africa for their tie with Mexico!!! I loved seeing the people of South Africa rallying behind their team. I especially loved seeing Desmond Tutu jumping around in the stands with his precious little South Africa beanie on...Which is why I am actually breaking my Player of the Day rule on its first day. Oh well. This is my blog. I'll do what I want.

In that case, Desmond Tutu is my player of the day. He is just too precious (and since both games tied, no team necessarily outshone anyone else).



As for my Looker of the Day, I choose Yoann Gourcuff - midfielder, France. Currently plays for Bordeaux. Nice.



France underperformed today. It was disappointing, but Uruguay had some solid defense. It wasn't a great game until Henry came in. Booo.

0 comments: