BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

I leave Brazil tomorrow!!

Only two plane rides separate me from the United States! I am actually excited, not because I will be going back to Salt Lake, but because arriving in the US means I am that much closer to going back to school.

Uh Oh. My nerd is showing.

Hear me out. Last year at Wellesley, I learned so much about myself and to be honest, I liked a lot of what I discovered. I feel more at home there than I really have anywhere else. Sure, the school isn't perfect for everyone, but it never did me wrong. I love it. I also can't help but feel a little ambitious and ready to work after reading 1776 and watching 3 seasons of the West Wing. That show makes being smart look so easy.

I'm currently reading the Cider House Rules by John Irving. I've read most of it before so I thought I'd bring it along on the Brazil trip to try and finish it. Unfortunately, I won't get to the portion I never read because I fully plan on abandoning ship (so to speak) when I get back to the states. No offense John Irving. It's good, I swear. I guess I am in a revolutionary mood. I'll probably read the book about Napoleon I never got to in June.

Anyway, when I am settled in Salt Lake, I will probably write a review of my trip. There's a lot to think about but I'm sure I'll have more than enough time on the flight to think about it all. I'm hoping they have good in flight movies. Actually, I am sort of depending on it. Don't let me down Delta.

0 comments: